Almond milk is one of the most nutritious drinks for all age people. Almonds are also known as Badam in Indian language, they are energizing and balancing for the mind.
It’s so simple, fast and delicious recipe which you can try daily. All you really need is some raw almonds and water, although we can also recommend you, adding dates for sweetness and even some vanilla for extra flavor if you want.
It is fantastic drink, you can put it in cereals, use in smoothies and shakes, and in desserts also.
1 Cup of Raw Almonds and soaked it for at-least 8-12 hours.
2-3 Cups of water.
For Sweeteners you can add Honey, sugar, agave syrup or maple syrup Optional
Blender or Food Processor
Fine Mesh Cloth or Cheese cloth
- Put the Raw Almonds in a large Jar or Bowl and covered it with water for at-least 8-12 hours.
- Drain the almonds from the soaking water and rinse them thoroughly under normal running water. At this point, the almonds should feel a little squishy if you pinch them.
- Put the Almonds with less water in blender and start blending in low speed for 2-3 minutes, to become a really smooth paste.
- Use a fine mesh strainer or place 3 or 4 layers of fine mesh cloth over a metal strainer set over a bowl or jug. Pour small amounts of the almond milk through the strainer into the bowl. Squeeze and press with clean hands to extract as much almond milk as possible.
- And now, taste the almond milk, and if you want a more sweeter drink, add sweetener to taste.
- Store the almond milk in sealed containers in the fridge, if you want.
So, you can see that it is very simple and easy to make. So, try it and enjoy it.