Vegetable Spring rolls are a favorite Chinese snack. These can be made with homemade spring roll wrappers or with ready made frozen sheets.
Prep Time : 25-30 minutes
Cook time : 30-40 minutes
- 10 Spring roll wrappers
- 2-3 Spring onions thinly sliced
- 1 Onion thinly sliced
- 1-2 Carrots cut into thin strips
- 1 Green capsicum cut into thin strips
- 1/2 Cabbage finely shredded
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- Salt to taste
- White pepper powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Soy sauce 1 tablespoon
- Bean sprouts 3/4 cup
- Corn flour/corn starch 1-2 tablespoon
- For make the stuffing, heat 2-3 tablespoon oil in a non-stick wok and then add onion, spring onions, carrots, capsicum, cabbage and salt and toss for some.
- Add white pepper powder and soy sauce and mix it well Add bean sprouts and spring onion greens and mix. Cook till the vegetables soften.
- Take the wok off the heat and set aside to cool then heat sufficient oil in another wok. Make a paste of corn flour with 2 tablespoon water.
- Spread the spring roll wrappers on the work top then put the stuffing into 10 portions then fold in the edges and roll tightly.
- Apply corn flour mixture paste to open end and seal. Keep the rolls under a damp cloth. Gently slide into the hot oil and deep fry till your rolls golden and crisp.
- Cut into smaller pieces and serve it with your favorite sauce.
Your Vegetable Spring Rolls is ready, enjoy it and share it.