Chicken Tikka Masala is one of the exotic dishes from the Punjabi Cuisine. Chicken Tikka Masala, a preparation of grilled chicken tikka, cooked in the exotic rich gravy and topped with dried fresh cream, butter and nuts. Yummmyyyy!!
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking time: 20-30 minutes
For the marinade you need:
- 500 gm Chicken (Skinless Breast)
- 2 tablespoon Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoon fresh Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Garam Masala Powder
- 4-5 chopped Green Chillies
- And Salt according to your taste
For the Rich Indian Gravy:
- 2-3 Onions slices
- 3-4 Tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 inch Cinnamon
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 3-4 Green Cardamoms
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Cream
- 2-3 Cashew Nuts
- 1/2 tablespoon Poppy Seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon Cumin Seeds
- 2 tablespoon fresh Almonds Blanched
- 1 tablespoon Dried Fenugreek (Kashuri Methi)
- 1 tablespoon red Chilli Powder
- 2 tablespoon Coriander Powder
- Fresh Cilantro Chopped
- 3-4 tablespoon Vegetable oil
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh Butter
- Salt according to your taste
- Mix all of your ingredients of marinade and make it like a smooth paste.
- Clean the Breast of Chicken with water and chopped into small pieces.
- Squeeze out whole water from the Breast then mix thoroughly in the marinade.
- Cover the mixture; keep aside for 4-5 hours.
- Keep the skewers in warm water for 10-15 minutes and thread the pieces of chicken on to the soaked skewers one by one.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees on your grill mode.
- Place your skewers on the grill rack and roast your chicken until the brown from all the sides.
- Combine the cashew nuts and poppy seeds and blend all together for make a smooth powder.
- Now, heat the oil in your pan and put slices of onion and fry until onion translucent.
- Take it out for cool and grind it in the mixer along with the chopped tomatoes.
- Heat the same pan again and put whole Garam Masala along with the cumin seeds.
- Mix it well for just few seconds and add the ground puree of onion and tomatoes then add salt, red chilli powder and leave it to cook for 2-3 minutes on low flame.
- Add the grilled pieces of chicken and 2 cups of water.
- Mix it well and stir with the grounded powder of seeds and leave it to cook for 8-10 minutes on low flame until chicken tenders.
- Add butter and fresh cream.
- Stir it for 2 more minutes.
- Add Dried Fenugreek (kasuri methi), mix well and garnish it with fresh cilantro and almonds.
Now, Serve your Punjabi dish Chicken Tikka Masala with Roti, Chapatti, Naan or any bread.