Bread Dahi Vada is a quick and delicious version of the original dal.This is an instant version of Dahi Vada. This can be served as a snack or appetizer.
Cook Time: 15-20 min
Prep Time: 10-20 min
- 7-8 slices of white bread
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 3 tablespoons shredded coconut; I am using frozen shredded coconut, available in Indian grocery stores
- 2 teaspoons ginger finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sliced almonds
- 2 teaspoons green chili
- 1-1/2 cups yogurt (curd)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/4 cup tamarind chutney
- Mix all the ingredients for filling coconut, salt, ginger, green chili, and almonds, set aside and Cut bread slices into rounds.
- Lightly wet one side of the bread and put 2 teaspoons of filling in center and fold the bread in half, forming semi-circle. Press the edges together with your fingers.
- Brush the vadas both side with oil, and toast them in toaster oven just enough that bread has become light golden brown. “You can bake them in oven also.”
- Serve the Delicious Vada.
- Whip the yogurt until smooth. Add a little milk as needed to make the consistency similar to pancake batter or lassi. Add the salt according to your taste.
- When ready to serve soak them in water for one to two minute and squeeze the vada’s lightly between your both of your palms.
- Now you can do platting with sprinkle red chili powder to your taste and drizzle the tamarind chutney and few pieces of cilantro.
- Bread dahi vadas are ready to serve.
Just try it and share it as well.