Sponge Rasgulla recipe is Soft and Sponzy milk based sweet soaked in sugar syrup.One of the most popular Indian Sweet. This can be served as a Dessert.
Cook Time: 15-20 min
Prep Time: 40-45 min
Total Time: 1 Hour
Ingredients for chenna / paneer:
1 litre milk, full cream cows milk
1 cup water
2 tbsp lemon juice
For sugar syrup:
8 cups water
1½ cup sugar
- Firstly,in a thick bottomed pan add 1 litre milk.
- Furthermore,stir occasionally and get to a boil.
- Additionally,add lemon juice and stir well.
- Add more lemon juice and stir till milk curdles completely then immediately drain the curdled milk into the hand kerchief.
- Pour a cup of water and clean the paneer as it has lemon juice in it.
- Furthermore,bring it together and squeeze off excess water.
- Hang for 30 minutes. or till all the water drains off completely.
- After 30 minutes, start to knead the paneer.
- knead paneer till it turns out smooth without any grains of milk.
- Furthermore, make small balls of paneer and keep aside.
Preparing Sugar Syrup:
- Firstly,in a deep vessel take 1½ cup of sugar.
- Furthermore, add 8 glasses of water and stir well.
- Oil the syrup for 10 minutes on medium flame.
- After that, drop the prepared paneer balls into boiling sugar syrup.
- Cover and boil for 15 minutes.
- The paneer balls will have doubled in size.
- Furthermore, keep aside till it cools completely and then refrigerate.
- Finally, serve rasgulla chilled or at room temperature garnished with few saffron strands.
Just try it and share it as well.