Are you looking for Quick and easy chicken recipe in this weekend then our saucy Spanish chicken recipe is the perfect recipe for you.
Preparation Time: 5 Minute
Cooking Time: 30 Minute
What you will need:
• 1 medium sized Onion, diced
• ½ red and green bell pepper, diced
• 3 cloves of Garlic, minced
• 10-12 white mushrooms, sliced
• Fresh Tomatoes, you can pulsed in a food processor
• 1-2 bay leaves
• 3 boneless skinless chicken breast
• 1/3 cup of virgin Spanish Olive Oil
How to Make this Saucy Spanish Chicken:
1. Peel and chop Onion, Bell peppers, mince the Garlic and wash the Mushrooms, trim the stems and slice your Mushrooms.
2. Put about half of the olive oil into a big frying pan and heat the oil over medium heat then add the onion, garlic, pepper and mushrooms and saute your ingredients over medium heat, stirring often until onions become translucent (about 5-8 minutes).
3. Now add the crushed tomatoes and bay leaves in the frying pan and stir medium low heat for 8 to 10 minutes and pour in a few tablespoons of water.
4. Then put the other half of olive oil into your frying pan and heat over a medium flame. Pat your Chicken Breasts dry and season with salt and pepper on both sides.
5. Pan fries the chicken into the hot oil for about ten minutes. Now, chicken should be well browned on both sides, but may not be completely cooked from the center. It will be finish off when you add the sauce.
6. After frying the chicken, Slice the breasts into thick pieces or slices and again put in pan with tomato sauce. Stir it in tomato sauce for some time.
7. Cook it over low heat for 10-12 minutes.
8. Taste and add salt as needed.
You can serve this Spanish Recipe with tomato sauce, rice and garnish it with Broccoli also.